Friday, June 25, 2010

The Plan

The basic plan is this:

-Eat healthfully during the week
-No eating past 8 or 9 pm (depending on when you go to bed)
-Junk food only on the weekends
-Move for a minimum of 30 minutes every day
-Strength train 3 times a week

That's it! So simple and, more importantly, so do-able!!


The break-down of the plan is this:

-Every day all my carbs will be 100% whole grain.
-Every day I will eat a minimum of 3 fruits and 3 vegetables
-During the week, all my protein will be low-fat protein
-No junk food during the week (no processed foods, butter/margarine, mayo, ketchup, sour cream, cream cheese, refined sugars, white flours, soda, fried foods, etc.) On the weekend, all junk food is fair game (you will find, though, you will eat a whole lot LESS junk food even though you have "permission" to eat all you want.)
-Every day I will move for a minimum of 30 minutes to get my heart rate going: I will go for a walk, hike, bike ride, use an exercise machine, go up and down the stairs, dance with the kids or even walk in place for a MINIMUM of 30 minutes every day....even Sunday
-3 times a week I will do strength training which could mean lifting weights, popping in a yoga or Pilate's DVD, working with resistance bands or even doing simple calisthenics to increase muscle tone.

4 comments:

  1. How much time are you leaving between when you last eat and when you go to bed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! Except we eat dinner between 6p and 7p.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound do~able Heidi! I need something and the help! I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. During the week, I don't eat anything past 8pm, no matter what time I go to bed. I brush my teeth at 8pm. :) On the weekends, it's more like 9pm.

    Kelly and Kim...YAY!!! Post to Healthtopia on facebook and let us know how you're doing! :) I am so excited to do this with friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete