Sunday, August 15, 2010

Garbonzo Bean Brownies!!

Most of the recipes I found for Garbanzo Bean Brownies involved adding more than a cup of white sugar! So, I tweaked a few different recipes to come up with the following recipe.

2 c garbanzo beans (approx. 1 can) rinsed and drained
4 eggs
1 1/2 c dark chocolate chips (I used 60% cocoa) melted*
3/4 c honey
1/2 t baking powder

Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by heating them for approximately 60 seconds. Don't over-heat! The chips will still be holding their "chip" shape even when they are fully melted, so stir to test for meltedness! Blend the remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add the melted chips and blend. Pour into a lightly greased 9x9 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I would suggest checking them at about 15 minutes, though.

These brownies were very chocolaty and moist! My kids gobbled them right up! Lots of yummy protein! :)

*I don't like the added sugar from the chocolate chips...maybe I'll tweak it again and see what I can come up with!

1 comment:

  1. were you able to figure out a close calorie count? i'd love to tweak them cause i can't imagine using 60% chocolate, but hey, maybe because of the bean taste it needs that strong flavor. what do you think in all your experimenting? we've got to get away from having the Ghiradelli brownie mix in our pantry-your dad loves them. and he made them last sunday night and i ate one-about 4"x4"!! with the last of my ice cream on top. it actually tasted good to me, probably cause i haven't been eating much sugar or chocolate in the last month. thanks for the tweaking and posting this. now i don't need to go thru all the wasted ingredients.

    ReplyDelete