Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Do or do not, there is no try."


Yoda is a wise little dude. Jillian Micheals adds to this wisdom, "Trying is planning to fail."

When we say we will "try" something, we are building in the possibility that we will give ourselves permission to stop trying...permission to quit working hard....permission to fail.

I am not "trying" to loose weight and get healthy....I am actually DOING it! Failure is not an option. I will not give in to what is easier! Doing what was easy is what got me to the unhealthy place I am now. It feels good to work hard and fight through the tough spots knowing that I will not quit....no matter how tough it is.

Someday I will reach my destination of feeling and being healthy....I will reach that destination because I did more than merely "try."

What about you? Quit "trying" and, in the sage words of Nike, "Just Do It!"

No comments:

Post a Comment