Thursday, October 28, 2010

Super Simple Mexican Chicken

I really couldn't think of a good name for this one...it probably has a name...if you know it, feel free to let me know! :)

This meal was SUPER simple and SUPER yummy!!

Super Simple Mexican Chicken

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1/2 jar salsa

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook until chicken shreds (about 6 hours on medium.) Chop a handful of fresh cilantro and mix it in after you shred the chicken.

Season with salt and pepper to taste. I put the shredded chicken mixture on top of a small bed of brown rice and topped with a very small amount of shredded cheese, fresh chopped green onion and tomato and a dollop of fat-free sour cream. For a little crunch, I simply put a few corn tortillas on the rack in my oven and cooked them until crispy, no salt or oil required!


As a side note, I put some of the left-over shredded chicken in some left-over butternut squash soup and the combo was DELICIOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment