Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reward yourself for your weight-loss!!

Yes, less fat is reward enough, BUT...why not squeeze in even more things to look forward to?!?

I am going to give myself some great incentives to stay on track and keep on loosing by setting some goals with a reward as each goal is met. :)

My first goal weight is 182. When I reach that goal, I am going to get my hair cut and highlighted!

My next goal weight is 172. When I reach that goal, I am going to buy a new book or two!

My next goal weight is 162. When I reach that goal, I am going to get a pedicure!

My next goal weight is 152. When I reach that goal, I am going to buy some cute, new workout clothes!

My next goal weight is 142. When I reach that goal, I am going to get a facial!

My final goal weight is 135. When I reach my final goal, I am going to buy myself a new wardrobe!!

WooHoo!!

A reward system is going to help me to feel my progress in a more tangible, celebratory way. :) It gives me something to look forward to other than just numbers on the scale. It also helps me organize and define my goals in a way that makes my ultimate task of loosing over 60 pounds less scary and daunting. Some people give themselves just one or two smaller goals within their larger, ultimate goal...say every 20 or 25 pounds. I decided that having my goals set at every 10 pounds would help me stay motivated the best. 10 pounds is totally attainable and within my reach!

Your goals don't have to be numbers on the scale, either. You could choose clothing sizes, or fitness level goals (running up a flight of stairs without being totally out of breath, for instance.)

Whatever your goals are, write them down and read them often. And tack on a special non-food related "treat" as a special reward when each goal is attained! It'll help you stay focused, motivated and on-track to your ultimate goal of health and fitness!

1 comment: