Sunday, August 15, 2010

Take the Bull By the Horns!

It's amazing how taking control of one area of my life, leads me to take control in others!

Since I stopped being so wimpy about my health and fitness and started being more disciplined, I have naturally become more responsible with many other areas of my life. Woohoo! Not only do I feel and look better, my whole life is improving!

Being proactive and in control of my eating has shown me a few things; first of all, it's not a big, hairy, scary, hard thing to be more disciplined! It actually makes me feel more powerful and especially more capable! Going without all the *yummy*, fattening things I was used to eating has shown me that I can do without and be just as happy and just as satisfied. That feeling has leaked over into my financial world; more things aren't what is going to make me happy...I am the only thing that can make me more happy!

Following through with my commitment to work out 6 days a week has opened my eyes to the fact that, if I really want something, I can make anything happen! No excuses for not keeping the dishes done anymore! No reason to have a messy, disorganized home! If I want it, all I need to do is make it happen!

Pushing myself to my physical limits while working out has proven to me that I am capable of so much more than I ever imagined! I can do REALLY hard things and survive! I can do scary things and survive! Even more, if feels GOOD to push myself out of my happy, comfy little bubble of a comfort zone! That empowering feeling has me looking forward to the future and what other things I will push myself to achieve!

It is exciting to me that I feel this way...and it's only been a few months! There were so many things in my life that I was not happy with. I couldn't really seem to figure out how to keep my kitchen clean. I was frustrated that no matter how much we made, we still lived paycheck to paycheck. I felt like my worries and anxieties were making too many of my decisions, and I didn't know how to change that. Now I have hope! :) I know things are going to get better and better because I have changed...I am no longer allowing myself to be wimpy. I am the one in charge of my life. I will take the bull by the horns and make GREAT things happen!

What will you do?

2 comments:

  1. I find myself using things I've learning from working out all the time. For instance, if I show up in the morning with my trainer and he has something so hard planned, I just think, "well I'm here, let's do it". So now at home I usually don't feel like doing the dishes right after we eat but I find myself thinking the same way "well I'm here, let's do it". I need to be better with my eating. you have me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Sally! I kind of say a similar thing to myself...I say "I can do anything for (insert length of time here...5 minutes, 1 more minute, etc)" It helps me when my trainer wants me to hold that squat (or whatever) for 30 more seconds...20 more seconds...10 more seconds... It helps me too, when I can tell myself "I can dig in and spend 10 minutes speed cleaning the kitchen" or whatever. Also works for childbirth. :)

    ReplyDelete